Award-Winning Breeding and Research Facility that Exceeds Industry Standards
Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN – TurnKey Facility of the Year
Mexico City, Mexico
Congratulations CINVESTAV, TurnKey Facility of the year!
CINVESTAV is a uniquely designed three-story vivarium with the capacity to house over 25,000 SPF/ MPF rodents and an estimated annual breeding production of 35,000 to 50,000 animals of 65 different biomodels.
- bioBUBBLE positive pressure, HEPA filtered environments for housing. Custom environments feature hybrid wall attached/ freestanding frames to maximize available floor space and conform to the curved architectural walls.
- Ultra-clean procedure rooms
- Negative pressure airlocks at the entrance of the clean and dirty elevators prevent cross contamination from the other levels.
- Air showers at locker rooms and between zones create air barriers to prevent the transmission of airborne contaminants.
- Docked changing stations allow cage change procedures at each enclosure. External access prevents unnecessary personnel traffic within the clean environment.
- Custom soft ductwork distributes HVAC air supply throughout each level.
This world-class breeding and research facility was the culmination of three years of collaborative efforts between the bioBUBBLE facility design team, architectural and engineering group, HVAC engineers, facility managers, researchers and veterinarians. The result is a vivarium that exceeds construction and regulatory guidelines and satisfies the scientific goals of the researchers.